Monday, May 7, 2012

Progress report

I was just informed that The American Constitution and Ayn Rand's "Inner Contradiction" is now number 6 of 100 on Amazon's list of "Hot New Releases in Constitutional Law."  (Note the company I'm keeping:
 http://www.amazon.com/gp/new-releases/books/227137/ref=zg_bsnr_nav_b_2_10777.)

I mention this now because it provides me with an appropriate time to answer a question I've been asked in the past several weeks: "What am I [note the pronoun] doing to promote The American Constitution and Ayn Rand's "Inner Contradiction"?

In a word, Nothing.

If this seems an odd attitude, here's why.
  
The American Constitution and Ayn Rand's "Inner Contradiction" is the product of years practicing, teaching, researching, writing, cogitating, analyzing and synthesizing American constitutional law.  And spending decades applying to that subject Ayn Rand's political philosophy.  To the best of my knowledge no one else has done this in the same way I have. 

Just as Erika Holzer's and my "Aid and Comfort": Jane Fonda in North Vietnam, and my first and second editions of The Supreme Court Opinions of Clarence Thomas, are unique books, so too is The American Constitution and Ayn Rand's "Inner Contradiction."


I've eschewed my regular publisher in favor of getting this book out to the public before the November election, in the hope that it could have an impact on some voters.

I have seen that it is for sale on virtually every digital format in existence (for peanuts), and now there are print copies available (for peanuts, plus).

That's all I'm going to do.

(I'm taking a minute to think of a polite way to say the following.)

OK.  I've done enough.  The horses have been led to water, but I consider it unseemly for me to try to make them drink.

If members of the public consider my work valuable in the fight for freedom in America, it's up to them to use the ammunition I've provided.  Indeed, that's the least they can do.  They can spread the word . . . or not.

One easy way for like minded people to do that is by reviewing the book on Amazon.  Another is simply to tell as many people about it as possible. 

I have put up.  Now it's time for others to do the same, or . . . .

No comments: